Large Firm Quality, Small Firm Atmosphere
Andrew D. Wyman, Esq.
Senior Supervising Litigation Counsel
312 SE 17th Street
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Andrew Wyman was born in Oceanside, New York, in 1971. After attending the State University of New York at Albany and earning his B.A. in Business Administration with a double concentration in Finance and Management Information Systems, he received his J.D. from Fordham University in 1996. In 1999, after practicing law for three years at one of Brooklyn’s oldest and most revered law firms, Andrew relocated to Florida.
Andrew was admitted to practice law in New York and New Jersey in 1997, and in Florida in 2000. He is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District Courts, in the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, as well as the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts in those same jurisdictions and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Wyman’s practice concentrates on litigation and trial work relating to construction, insurance, business, real estate and community association issues, as well as lender liability, foreclosure and consumer protection matters before state and federal courts, FINRA (formerly NASD) and the American Arbitration Association.
Andrew is proud to have represented a diverse group of clients including contractors, sub-contractors, material suppliers, land developers, community associations (condominium and HOA), banks, insurance companies, automobile parts manufacturers, city agencies, utility companies, universities and individuals. He joined SG in 2011 after having been the Managing Member of Mattlin & Wyman, PL. Mr. Wyman is presently the firm’s Senior Supervising Litigation Counsel and manages the firm’s litigation case load.
- Represented both contractors and owners in Construction Lien foreclosure lawsuits.
- Represented home-owner in construction defect case against nationally recognized home builder.
- Represented mixed-use condominium association in lawsuit against developer and contractor claiming various construction defects.
- Represented condominium association in breach of contract, fraud and deceptive and unfair trade practices act claims against contractor accused of misappropriating project funds.
- Guided condominium association through asbestos exposure event caused by contractor.
- Provided contract drafting services and advice to owners, developers and contractors.
- Obtained judgment after trial for assisted-living facility against its insurer for property damage relating to Hurricane Frances and Hurricane Jeanne.
- Represented local non-profit organization against its insurer for property damage relating to Hurricane Wilma. Resulted in a favorable settlement.
- Recovered insurance proceeds for television production company for claim arising out of theft of valuable television production equipment by client’s employees.
- Represented various individual homeowners, commercial property owners and condominium associations in numerous property damage claims against their insurance companies.
- Represented Saudi Arabian exporter of commercial and military aircraft parts against Florida consignee in causes of action for breach of contract, conversion, violation of Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act and civil theft. Resulted in trial and jury verdict in favor of client.
- Arbitrated multi-million dollar business valuation dispute representing FBO operator, relating to departure of minority shareholder.
- Obtained judgment after trial for local law firm against its former client, a publicly traded corporation, to enforce the terms of a promissory note.
- Represented operator of cable television system in lawsuit seeking royalty payments against national operator of cable television system, resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Obtained injunction for national distributor of home security systems and satellite TV services against third-party marketing company alleging violations of the CAN SPAM Act of 2003, Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 and the Federal Do-Not-Call Act of 2003.
- Obtained dismissal of multi-million dollar Adversary Proceeding filed by bankruptcy trustee seeking “claw back” of money alleged to be part of bankruptcy estate.
Real Estate Litigation
- Represented numerous private equity lenders and lending institutions in numerous foreclosures of commercial and developmental properties.
- Pursued enforcement of borrower’s rights under Regulation X of RESPA
- Defended industry-leading automotive seating systems manufacturer in product liability cases in multiple federal and state jurisdictions.
- Defended and obtained summary judgment for university in “educational malpractice” claim.
- Defended New York City’s largest natural gas utility provider in numerous lawsuits.
- Defended local Florida businesses in ADA lawsuits, and class-action complaints seeking redress under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Florida’s Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act.