May 26, 2017 | Share
10 Insurance Resources for South Florida Homeowners
If your home was damaged in a storm, you need to be prepared to deal with your insurance company. Filing a successful homeowner’s insurance claim is a process, and the more you know about your rights, the better able you will be to protect yourself when your insurance company attempts to deny your claim or falls short of its obligations under your policy or Florida law.
These articles from the Fort Lauderdale property damage attorneys at Saavedra | Goodwin will help you prepare for the homeowner’s insurance claims process:
Your Home and Your Homeowner’s Insurance Policy
- Covered or Not? Getting to Know Your Homeowner’s Insurance Policy – Learn what types of property loss are covered (and what losses are excluded) under standard homeowner’s insurance policies.
- What Florida Homeowners Need to Know about the National Insurance Program (NFIP) – The NFIP was Florida homeowners’ only option for flood insurance prior to 2015. If you have NFIP flood insurance, here are four important facts for you to know.
- Your Rights (and Obligations) as an Insured Property Owner Under Florida Law – Florida’s insurance law provides homeowners with important legal rights. Here you will find a list of bad-faith insurance practices that violate Florida law.
- Understanding the Bill of Rights Provided by Your Insurance Company (as Required by Law) – The Florida Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights provides additional information about insurers’ legal obligations to policyholders.
Dealing with Your Insurance Company
- 5 Tips for Dealing with Insurance Adjusters – If you need to file an insurance claim, it is time to dig out your policy. Find out what to look for and get additional tips to follow as you prepare to file your claim.
- Common Issues with Hurricane Damage Insurance Claims – Learn about four common (and improper) tactics that homeowner’s insurance companies frequently use to deny their policyholders’ claims.
- When Should You Hire a Public Adjuster for Your Insurance Claim? – A public adjuster can be an important advocate for your homeowner’s insurance claim. Learn what public adjusters do and find out when you should consider hiring a public adjuster.
- Protecting Your Rights as an Insured Homeowner: A Step-By-Step Guide – Follow these six steps to protect your loved ones and maximize your chances of securing full coverage under your policy.
When to Seek Help for Your Homeowner’s Insurance Claim
- 7 Signs You Need a Lawyer to Handle Your Insurance Claim – Here are seven warning signs that your insurance company is not handling your claim in good faith.
- How Can a Lawyer Help with Your Insurance Claim? – Filing a successful insurance claim after a major storm often requires the assistance of an experienced attorney. Learn what an attorney can do to make sure your claim is processed appropriately.
Contact Us for Additional Information
If you would like additional information about protecting your rights against your insurance company, we encourage you to contact us for an initial consultation. To speak with one of our property damage attorneys in confidence, call (954) 767-6333 or get in touch online today.
Categories: Insurance Claims