Seasoned Guidance In Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Much of our real estate practice at Saavedra-Goodwin is focused on representing clients in commercial real estate matters. This includes both residential and commercial transactions and ranges from representing architects and property owners in pre-construction matters, to purchasers looking to invest in Florida real estate, and landlords and tenants in commercial lease negotiations.
We Help Companies Execute Profitable Commercial Real Estate Transactions
In commercial real estate transactions, the lawyer’s role extends far beyond advising of the risks presented by the terms of the parties’ agreement. We recommend engaging legal counsel early in the process, as even preliminary decisions can have ramifications for the terms of the deal. Our attorneys can represent you and your business at any or all of the three phases of the commercial real estate acquisition process: (i) pre-transaction preparations, (ii) deal negotiations and closing, and (iii) post-closing matters.
Help With Transaction Preparations
When contemplating a commercial real estate purchase or sale, there are several steps that must be taken in order to thoroughly evaluate the potential risks and rewards of the transaction. While the financial terms of the deal are obviously of critical importance, the structure and terms can also have a significant impact on the viability and desirability of a commercial real estate transaction. Corporate structure, risk assessment and deal structure must include a conversation with your lawyers in order to anticipate the legal issues and risks which may arise in your transaction. These considerations may dictate which properties you move forward on and will leave you prepared for a smooth transaction, but ready to tackle any difficulties which are sure to arise in complex transactions.
Experienced Large-Scale Deal Negotiations And Closing Representation
Once you make the initial decision to move forward, then deal negotiations can begin in earnest. Our Fort Lauderdale commercial real estate attorneys are highly-experienced negotiators who are intimately familiar with the myriad business and legal issues involved in large-scale commercial transactions in Florida. Our team will review and negotiate all pertinent agreements on your company’s behalf, and we will ensure you have all of the information you need to make an informed decision about moving forward.
As legal counsel for companies pursuing commercial real estate acquisitions, divestitures, financing and leasing, we assist with matters including:
- Preparation, review and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, loan documents and lease agreements
- Property due diligence
- Identification and resolution of title and other encumbrance issues
- Debt and equity financing
- Permits, variances, and other land use considerations
- Title review and insurance
- Land development approvals including boundaries and zoning matters
- Closing and escrow agents
Skillful Assistance With Post-Closing Matters
After closing, there is still work to be done. From negotiating construction and development agreements to dealing with leasing issues, mitigating risk in relation to commercial real estate projects is an ongoing process. At Saavedra-Goodwin, we have the experience and insights your company needs to protect its legal and financial interests, and our lawyers can continue to provide representation on an ongoing basis.
We Represent A Broad Range Of Clients In Commercial Real Estate Sales And Acquisitions
We represent all parties to commercial real estate sale and acquisition transactions in the Fort Lauderdale area and throughout South Florida. Our clients include property owners, investors, banks and financial institutions, and businesses seeking to acquire office buildings and other commercial properties. With decades of experience representing clients in high-value commercial real estate transactions, our attorneys offer deep insights and vast market knowledge that allow our clients to make strategic and financially-sound decisions during the transaction process.
Extensive Experience With Commercial Real Estate Development And Construction Matters
In addition to representing clients in the sale and acquisition of South Florida real estate, we also routinely advise clients regarding commercial real estate development and construction projects. Our commercial construction practice includes representing all parties involved in the construction process in matters ranging from contract negotiations to land use issues and construction defect litigation.
Commercial Lease Transactions
Our Fort Lauderdale commercial real estate attorneys have extensive experience representing both landlords and tenants in commercial lease transactions. Our services include drafting leases and amendments, negotiating commercial lease documents, and helping our clients deal with matters ranging from lease renewals and extensions to lease transfers and leasing of adjacent plots.
Decades Of Experience In South Florida Commercial Real Estate Transactions
Within the real estate sector, much of our practice is devoted to representing clients in commercial real estate transactions. Each Fort Lauderdale real estate attorney at our firm has years of experience working with developers, construction companies, financial institutions, and other clients throughout South Florida, and we have helped clients successfully close large-scale transactions for a broad range of development projects.
Our Fort Lauderdale commercial real estate lawyers represent clients in all phases of commercial real estate development projects, from pre-planning to post-closing matters. We also provide representation for litigation and ADR arising out of commercial real estate disputes. On the transactional side, our services include:
- Due Diligence: When buying, financing, or planning to develop a piece of commercial real estate, it is imperative that you go into the transaction with eyes wide open. We perform comprehensive due diligence for all parties involved in commercial real estate transactions in South Florida.
- Title Clearance: Clearing title is a critical aspect of any commercial real estate transaction as well. We provide comprehensive title search services, assist clients with clearing title to commercial parcels and advise clients regarding title insurance matters for commercial properties.
- Land Use and Zoning: Before closing on a commercial real estate deal, it is imperative to ensure that you will be able to use the property as you intend. Every Fort Lauderdale real estate attorney in our office is intimately familiar with the land use and zoning regulations in South Florida, and we can assist with matters ranging from securing permits and seeking variances to challenging zoning ordinances.
- Easements and Other Encumbrances: Easements and other encumbrances can also limit owners’ and buyers’ ability to make productive use of their commercial property. Our lawyers have extensive experience in this area as well, and we assist commercial clients in securing easements and rights of way as well.
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation: Commercial real estate transactions can involve a multitude of different agreements, and each contract must be carefully drafted and negotiated. Our lawyers advise and represent clients with respect to all types of commercial real estate contracts, from financing agreements to purchase agreements, and from development contracts to agreements with architecture firms, engineering firms and other entities.
- Closing Preparations: Getting everyone to the closing table on time requires an extensive amount of pre-planning and coordination. Having successfully closed numerous multi-million-dollar commercial real estate deals throughout South Florida and Central Florida, our team is fully-equipped to prepare your transaction for closing.
- Post–Closing Matters: Of course, when it comes to commercial real estate development projects, getting to closing is just the beginning. We represent many of our commercial real estate clients on an ongoing basis, assisting with regulatory matters, contracts and disputes as necessary.
Schedule A Consultation with An Experienced Fort Lauderdale Commercial Real Estate Attorney
With our broad-based commercial real estate practice, and with attorneys who are deeply experienced in related areas of the law, we are able to offer comprehensive, full-service representation for clients with diverse and complex legal needs related to commercial properties in the Fort Lauderdale area and throughout South Florida. Call our firm today at (954) 767-6333 or complete our contact form online.