Allyson D. Goodwin
- Senior Counsel
Ms. Goodwin was born in Grosse Pointe, Michigan. She earned her B.A. from the University of Michigan, graduating cum laude in History and with a specialized honors degree in English in 1992. Ms. Goodwin received her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 1995 where she served as associate editor of the Journal of Law Reform. She joined SG from Ruden, McClosky, Smith, Schuster & Russell, P.A. in 1997, and became Senior Counsel in 2003.
Specializing in corporate and commercial transactions (including merger and acquisitions), asset purchases and sales, membership transfers, and complex commercial leasing with a focus in general aviation, her clients include established national corporations, as well as local businesses focused in South Florida.
Ms. Goodwin provides legal business consulting services and acts as outside counsel to a number of corporations. Most notably she, along with Mr. Saavedra, represented a closely held corporation as borrower's counsel in obtaining a $640 million multi-bank syndication loan with leasehold collateral located in 4 states.
- University of Michigan Law School at Ann Arbor, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- J.D. – 1995
- Law Journal: Journal of Law Reform, Associate Editor
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. – 1992
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Specialized Honors Degree in English
- Majors: English and History
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions
- Asset Purchases and Sales
- Membership Transfers
- Complex Commercial Leasing
- Florida, 1996
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida