Glen M. Lindsay
Born in Houston, Texas, Glen M. Lindsay earned his B.S. in Communication Studies and Philosophy from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois where he was a four-year recipient of the Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship and a joint JD/MBA (Finance) from the University of Miami where he was a Graduate Assistant to Prof. Ann M. Olazabal, Esq. researching issues related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act.
Glen’s practice concentrates primarily on business, regulatory and real estate litigation with an emphasis on matters involving fraud and/or deceptive business practices as well as matters at the intersection of commercial litigation and government regulatory compliance.
In 2019, Glen secured an order of dismissal in federal court in a matter of first impression successfully arguing that when attempting to secure a maritime lien on a vessel that designated as a “blocked asset” by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (“OFAC”), the party seeking imposition of the maritime lien must obtain licensure from OFAC prior to bringing an admiralty action. Versilia Supply Service SRL et al. v. M/Y Waku, 0:18-cv-62975-Cohn/Seltzer (Apr. 16, 2019).
Prior to joining Saavedra-Goodwin in 2016, Glen was an attorney with two NLJ 350 law firms where he represented numerous Fortune 500 companies focusing primarily on consumer finance and federal regulatory compliance matters.
Glen has an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and has been selected as a “Super Lawyer” by Florida Super Lawyers for 2023. Previously Glen was selected as a “Rising Star” by Florida Super Lawyers from 2018 through 2022, a distinction earned by only 2.5% of lawyers. Glen is a member of the Broward County and American Bar associations.
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. - 2008
- University of Miami School of Business
- M.B.A. - 2008
- Honors: Graduate Assistant to Prof. Ann M. Olazabal, Esq.
- Major: Finance
- Northwestern University
- B.S. - 2004
- Honors: Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship
- Major: Communication Studies
- Major: Philosophy
Classes & Seminars
- OFAC Sanctions and Corporate Compliance: Mitigating Risks, Optimizing Opportunities in 2020 (with Adrienne Goins, Esq. and Kevin Petrasic, Esq.) - The Knowledge Group February 5, 2020 (webinar)
- OFAC Sanctions and Corporate Compliance: Mitigating Risks, Optimizing Opportunities (with Tyler Grove, Esq.) – The Knowledge Group November 14, 2019 (webinar)
- Foreclosure Offense: Litigation Under RESPA and the FDCPA – ProLaw CLE August 29, 2018 (webinar)
- Is Your Corporate Website a Litigation Risk? (with Andrew Wyman, Esq.) – Boca Raton Rotary Club February 8, 2018
- Northwestern University Alumni Admissions Council
- City of Fort Lauderdale Nuisance Abatement Board, 2020-present
- Another Threat to Business Websites – This Time Through the ADA - Miami Herald November 19, 2017
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Obtained summary judgment resulting in complete exoneration of all defendants in a malicious prosecution action brought by a commercial appraisal firm – Birch|REA Partners, Inc. v. Regent Bank et al., 1:18-cv-00030-HAB-SLC, Northern District of Indiana 2021
- Unanimous affirmance of summary judgment completely exonerating all defendants in malicious prosecution action brought by commercial appraisal firm – Birch|REA Partners, Inc. v. Regent Bank et al., 21-2118, Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals 2022
- Full dismissal of six-figure adversary proceeding brought by a former President and Chairman of the American Bankruptcy Institute with no payment tendered by, or on behalf of, client/defendant – Whitten v. Presidential Aviation, Inc., 21-02073-beh, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin 2022
- Obtained six-figure settlement for victims of a Ponzi scheme based on real property investing and lending
- Real Estate Litigation
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- AV Rating From Martindale Hubbell
- Selected To Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2018 - 2022
- “Top Lawyers” South Florida Legal Guide 2021
- Selected to Super Lawyers 2023