Glen M. Lindsay
Born in Houston, Texas, Glen M. Lindsay earned his B.S. in Communication Studies and Philosophy from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois where he was a four-year recipient of the Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship and a joint JD/MBA (Finance) from the University of Miami where he was a Graduate Assistant to Prof. Ann M. Olazabal, Esq. researching issues related to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act.
Glen's practice concentrates primarily on business, regulatory and real estate litigation with an emphasis on matters involving fraud and/or deceptive business practices as well as matters at the intersection of commercial litigation and government regulatory compliance.
In 2019, Glen secured an order of dismissal in federal court in a matter of first impression successfully arguing that when attempting to secure a maritime lien on a vessel that designated as a "blocked asset" by the Office of Foreign Asset Control ("OFAC"), the party seeking imposition of the maritime lien must obtain licensure from OFAC prior to bringing an admiralty action. Versilia Supply Service SRL et al. v. M/Y Waku, 0:18-cv-62975-Cohn/Seltzer (Apr. 16, 2019).
Prior to joining Saavedra-Goodwin in 2016, Glen was an attorney with two NLJ 350 law firms where he represented numerous Fortune 500 companies focusing primarily on consumer finance and federal regulatory compliance matters.
Glen has an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell and was selected as a Rising Star for 2018 and 2019 by Florida Super Lawyers, a distinction earned by only 2.5% of lawyers. Glen is a member of the Broward County and American Bar associations.
Glen is admitted to the bar in Florida, the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- J.D. - 2008
- University of Miami School of Business
- M.B.A. - 2008
- Honors: Graduate Assistant to Prof. Ann M. Olazabal, Esq.
- Major: Finance
- Northwestern University
- B.S. - 2004
- Honors: Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship
- Major: Communication Studies
- Major: Philosophy
Classes & Seminars
- OFAC Sanctions and Corporate Compliance: Mitigating Risks, Optimizing Opportunities in 2020 (with Adrienne Goins, Esq. and Kevin Petrasic, Esq.) - The Knowledge Group February 5, 2020 (webinar)
- OFAC Sanctions and Corporate Compliance: Mitigating Risks, Optimizing Opportunities (with Tyler Grove, Esq.) – The Knowledge Group November 14, 2019 (webinar)
- Foreclosure Offense: Litigation Under RESPA and the FDCPA – ProLaw CLE August 29, 2018 (webinar)
- Is Your Corporate Website a Litigation Risk? (with Andrew Wyman, Esq.) – Boca Raton Rotary Club February 8, 2018
- Northwestern University Alumni Admissions Council
- Another Threat to Business Websites – This Time Through the ADA - Miami Herald November 19, 2017
- Broward County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Real Estate Litigation
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- AV Rating From Martindale Hubbell
- Selected To Super Lawyers Rising Stars: 2018 - 2021