A Reputable Team Of Aviation Lawyers
We are a South Florida aviation law firm with extensive experience in aviation law and corporate aviation real estate transactions in Florida, Illinois and New York. Our firm acts as special aviation counsel for aviation clients and has handled numerous mergers and acquisitions.
At Saavedra-Goodwin, we have extensive representation experience with fixed-base operations (FBOs) throughout the United States. Additionally, we are proud to announce our affiliation with Aviation Legal Counsel, which provides numerous aviation-related services, as well.
A Broad Base Of Aviation Experience
Our aviation lawyers are experienced in and provide valuable assistance with tasks related to new acquisitions, including:
- Due diligence reviews
- The analyzation of ownership issues and implement solutions
- Post-closing matters and transitions to new ownership
- The interface between the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- The preparation and submittal of relevant filings to national and local authorities
- Complete post-merger integration tasks
- Interfacing with airport authorities
- Permitting and construction within airport boundaries
Well-Versed In Aviation, Business And Commercial Law
The South Florida aviation lawyers of Saavedra-Goodwin are well-equipped to assist ongoing FBOs in a variety of routine and special legal matters, including:
- Mechanic’s lien claims
- Contract drafting and review
- Preparation of corporate documents
- Personal injury defense
- Commercial defense matters
- Defense against property damage claims
- Prosecution of property damage, collection of debt and breach of contract claims
- Performance of property closings
- Representation in FAA inquiries and enforcement actions
- Acting as legal counsel in employment issues
- Resolution of insurance coverage issues
- Lease agreements with government entities
- Hangar and office subleasing
Since 1988, the attorneys at Saavedra-Goodwin have assisted individuals and businesses in South Florida. We understand aviation law and how it relates to business in a way that few firms can.
Aircraft Title And Liens
The transfer of an aircraft title after a purchase or sale does not always go smoothly and can lead to disagreements between the buyer and seller. These disputes may stem from liens and encumbrances that emerge, such as mechanic’s liens, fuel liens and undischarged lender interests. These liens are often problematic and pose obstacles to future financing sales and leasing. We work closely with aircraft owners, lenders, maintenance facilities and vendors in every step toward finding a solution.
How Can We Help With FAA Certification And Enforcement?
The follow-through and attention to detail necessary to obtain FAA certification for maintenance facilities, charter operators and flight school can be challenging. Our attorneys are familiar with the FAA and the unique considerations and time frames for obtaining certification. We look forward to working with you in your application and as a liaison with the FAA for Part 135 certification for on-demand charter operation, Part 145 repair station certification and Part 141 flight school certification.
As members of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA)’s legal services panel, our attorneys are experienced with the defense of airmen, pilots, mechanics, aircraft owners and repair facilities before the FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB). Our attorneys have represented airmen from the initiation of an FAA investigation through the NTSB hearing phase, including emergency revocation proceedings.
Get In Touch With Proven Aviation Counsel
Don’t settle for an attorney or firm that is not reputable and experienced in Florida aviation law. Get the benefit of decades of experience and a proven track record. Call Saavedra-Goodwin at (954) 767-6333. You can also reach us via email, and we will be in touch with you.